Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer List Preview


This summer I took a little inspiration from Meg and created a summer list for us. 
We have done some really fun things this summer. More on everything later. Today I wanted to put up a few pictures of some of our fun. Can you guess which picture below coordinates with which activity from the list?








One of the things on the list is Tent Camping. Todd and I bought a tent way before we ever had kids but never used it. I understand now that Todd hates camping and only bought that tent to make me happy and because it was on super sale at Target. We had never even unzipped the bag it came in.

So a couple of weeks ago had a nice weekend with pretty mild weather and Kara and I set up the tent in the back yard.

Sophie helping out too
Checking out the air mattress

Mom and Dad let us borrow their fire pit to roast marshmellows and make s'mores. Yummy! And our wonderful neighbors came over to enjoy the evening. Once we put the Sophie bear to bed we started up the fire and waited until dark to make our treats. 

Crossing her legs like Mommy....

After mashmellows we stayed up and the adults talked while we let Kara play games on my Kindle. Then around 10 pm, Todd tucked us in and we tried to go to sleep. About 45 minutes and one bathroom trip later, I think she actually fell asleep. So do you think we made it until morning....




WE DID! 

And as a side note, the best part was the cuddling little girl in the middle of the night...at least for Mommy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment