Saturday, January 7, 2012

Three years old? Really?

Today we had Kara's 3rd Birthday party. It's crazy to think it's been three years since this...






But it has, and soon--actually very soon (13 days until Sophie Day 2012), we will be welcoming the newest addition into our family. That's if she decides to arrive in time. Of course, Mommy here is hoping she'll come just a little bit early. It's getting hard to sleep and be comfortable.

So for the 3rd birthday party I was a crafty little mama if I do say so myself. I made a lot of the decorations, from scratch cupcakes with buttercream icing (yummy) and we had a pretty good time. I was given the coolest crafting machine ever, the Silhouette Cameo, for Christmas from my adoring husband. It is basically a cutter, so---let me just show you. We played "Pin the Wand on the Fairy" to keep with the fairy theme-but it's just like pin the tail on the donkey.

Here's a picture of our fairy without her wings, after I cut the cardstock from my perfect little machine.


                                          Pink Cardstock going into the Silhouette - there's my
                                          computer on the side.
                                           Pulling the cardstock up after it's been cut, that's the
                                           fairy's ballet shoe (she was a fairy ballerina of course)
                                        These were stars I drew on the computer and then cut
                                         out using the Silhouette - they were used to make wands.
                                         Here is our birthday girl standing beside the finished
                                         project. I just cut all the cardstock and then taped it
                                         together. Pretty simple actually.
                                                   
                                               Making Fairy Wands! This was fun for all.

So our second game was finding "Fairy Wings" outside. It was 60 degrees outside today...crazy for January right? Had I known it would be this nice I might have planned more outside, but you just never know. Anywho, I cut some butterflies out on my fancy cutting machine and then taped them all over the yard. It was a mad dash to get the most-we had to play twice because the girls loved it so much!


                                    This of course is our birthday girl in front of her door :)
All in all, I think she had a great time, as did we. I'm exhausted to be honest and glad that it's all over with. She however, would like to have another birthday party tomorrow, or so she told me when I tucked her in tonight. :)

On another random note, check out the family portrait Kara made of us. Pretty good for that big three year old right? Pretty cute too.

No comments:

Post a Comment